Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Big NFL Preview Part 3: Playoffs

I've been going back and forth on this one. Some days I'll think this team's dropping out, other days I'll think it's another. Then I'll see how terrible someone's schedule is and I'll rethink things. So once again, I'm going by my gut. I didn't really figure out a way to sort this, so it's a little sloppy, but deal with it.

AFC

  1. San Diego Chargers
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers
  3. New England Patriots
  4. Houston Texans
  5. Baltimore Ravens
  6. New York Jets
This basically comes down to me not really liking AFC teams. I think someone's going to shock and knock the Jets out of the playoffs, but I have no idea who they are. So I go with logic and say there isn't much turnover. 

Wild Card Round: Patriots over Jets and Ravens over Texans
Divisional Round: Chargers over Ravens and Patriots over Steelers
Conference Championship: Patriots over Chargers

NFC
  1. New Orleans Saints
  2. Green Bay Packers
  3. Dallas Cowboys
  4. Arizona Cardinals
  5. Atlanta Falcons
  6. Detroit Lions 
I think there are a lot more good teams in the NFC than the AFC, meaning their record will be a lot tighter. There'll be a lot of tie-breaks involved here. There are three or four more teams who could make it, and I can see the Lions dropping out since they're everyone's favorite sleeper now.

Wild Card Round: Falcons over Cardinals and Cowboys over Lions
Divisional Round: Saints over Falcons and Packers over Cowboys
Conference Championship: Saints over Packers

Super Bowl: Patriots over Saints.

As if I'm going to pick anyone else to win. 

No comments: